Energy Club programme started in the year 2015 with support of the Engineer-in-Chief (Electricity)-cum-Principal Chief Electrical Inspector & State Designated Agency (SDA) under the Department of Energy, Government of Odisha. Under this programme, there are 1000 energy clubs functioning in the State of Odisha. Energy club programme aims at generating & disseminating awareness for judicious and sustainable consumption of energy. Energy clubs in schools will empower students to participate and take up meaningful save energy activities and projects. Students can reach out to influence; engage their parents and neighbourhood communities to promote sound save energy behaviour through a forum.
Centre for Environmental Studies (CES), being the State Nodal Agency, is coordinating with all DIMCs for betterment of this programme. Besides, CES is also in touch with Energy Club Teachers-in-charge and Master Trainers and providing necessary guidance to strengthen the activity of energy clubs.
A small grant is being released to each energy club for carrying out different activities relating to energy conservation.
Objectives of Energy Club Programme :
- To send massage of importance to conserve energy in every walk of life among people.
- Promoting the objective of energy conservation by organizing events such as discussion, webinars, competitions, debates, workshop etc.
- Promote less energy usage among people by cutting down on excessive and wasteful uses.
- Encourage people for efficient energy use in order to decrease the energy consumption and prevent energy loss.
- Encourage young generation to think of new innovations in the field of alternative energy technology.
- To develop a scientific temper among school & college students.
- Showcase recent developed cutting edge technology in the field of energy conservation.
- Promote renewable energy and its adoption among public.
- Prepare list of different types of consumption of energy and assess the use of consumption in school and outside involving students.
- Prepare list of types of mis-utilisation of energy and find out solution for it in the school and outside involving students.
- Energy Audit - This can be done by students in schools and outside. Students can do it in different groups and repeat it in regular intervals. Reports should be submitted to the Nodal Agency.
- Competitions - Organise different competitions on energy conservation. This includes essay/ quiz/ debate/ sit & draw/ exhibition/ group discussion/ song/ slogan/ one act play/ cross word etc. Involve all students and submit the details of best participants to the State Nodal Agency.
- Awareness program - Energy clubs will carry out rally/ street theater/ poster exhibition/ meetings/ leaflet distribution/ discuss with people by visiting door to door etc. by involving students.